From April 15th to September 26th , enjoy a 10% discount for a stay of…
T ake advantage of exceptional discounts with our EARLY BOOKING offer. …
For a stay of two weeks in a mobile home with your family during the…
Stay for 14 nights minimum on a tent pitch and enjoy a 5% discount from…
Discover the cave paintings and admire the works of art from the Prehistoric era when you visit Lascaux cave, the "Sistine chapel of Périgord", a listed world heritage site by UNESCO.
Although the original Lascaux cave is not open to the public for preservation reasons, visitors can explore Lascaux II, an identical reconstruction of the famous cave just 200 m from the original.
This reproduction of the "Great Hall of the Bulls" and the "Shaft Passage" (90% of the Lascaux paintings) was created using the same paintings, pigments and techniques used by the Cro-Magnon men. The majority of the paintings represent animals and human figures.
Thot-espace Cro-Magnon located in Thonac on the right bank of the Vézère, near Montignac. An introduction to cave art or a complementary visit after the Lascaux cave.
Did you know ?
The Lascaux cave, known as « the Sistine Chapel of Parietal Art » was discoverd by chance in 1940 by a group of teenagers and their dog « Robot » !
Further information on visiting Lascaux II
Photos : "Lascaux painting" by Prof saxx - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons
- From 07/02 to 03/04 (school holidays) : 10am- 12pm and 2pm - 5.30pm (closed on Mondays except during school holidays)
- From 04/04 to 03/07 : 9.30am - 6pm
- From 04/07 to 31/08 (school holidays) : 9am - 7pm
- From 01/09 to 01/11* : 9.30am - 12pm and 2pm-6pm
- From 02/11 to 31/12 : 10am - 12pm and 2pm - 5.30pm / closed on 25 December and 1 January (closed on Mondays except during school holidays)
*open between 1pm and 2pm during school holidays